National Gathering for Indigenous Education
Call for Presentations
National Gathering is a place where educators and partners in education can celebrate, renew and rebuild relationships and share experiences with a mutual goal of improving educational outcomes of K-12 Indigenous students.
Indspire continues to showcase strategies that grow Indigenous student success. This year, we are seeking submissions that highlight pedagogies inclusive of Indigenous cultures, languages and perspectives to engage schools, educators, parents and communities, advancing system change so that, within a generation, every Indigenous student will graduate.
We welcome proposals on topics related to the following areas in K-12 education:
Mental/Intellectual – Knowing
- Academic, literacy, numeracy
- Early learning
- Special education
- Career counselling
- Progressive school leadership models
- Critical inquiry, 21st century fluencies-progressive ways of teaching and assessment
- Understanding of colonial legacy and residential schools
Emotional/Social – Feeling
- Mental health
- Suicide and prevention
- Parental engagement
- Social skills, self-esteem
- Substance abuse
- Student mentorship programs, role models
Physical – Doing
- Health and nutrition
- Land based learning
- Attendance, graduation
- Student engagement
- Support students in transitions from rural to urban areas and to PSE
Spiritual – Being
- Traditional arts
- Culturally relevant resources/curricula
You will be asked to provide:
- Title of workshop presentation
- A 100 word workshop description
- A 100 word biography of the presenter
- Additional information such as resources, recommended readings, journal articles, and/or websites that accompany or apply to your presentation
- Intended audience: educators in all systems at all levels, from pre-K to post-secondary
The deadline to submit a presentation proposal is Friday, September 16, 2022 at 5:00pm Eastern Time.
If your submission is successful, you will be required to confirm your participation within 10 days of being notified. If we do not hear from you within 10 days, the workshop space will be offered to another submission.
Online Proposal Submission Form
If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.