Indigenous Education is Canada’s Future
Indspire is an Indigenous national charity that invests in the education of First Nations, Inuit and Métis people for the long-term benefit of these individuals, their families and communities, and Canada.
Charity Intelligence Canada recognized Indspire with their four-star rating and named us a Top 10 Canadian Impact Charity for 2017, 2018 and 2019 and Maclean’s also selected Indspire as a 2019 Top Rated Charity.
Vision, Mission, North Star and Core Values
Vision: Enriching Canada through Indigenous education and by inspiring achievement.
Mission: In partnership with Indigenous, private and public sector stakeholders, Indspire educates, connects and invests in Indigenous people so they will achieve their highest potential.
North Star: Within a generation, every Indigenous student will graduate.
Statement of Values: As an organization and as individuals, we value integrity, respect, equity, openness, reciprocity, and inclusiveness in our endeavours and relationships. We are committed to nurturing, sharing, and honouring diversity in First Nations, Inuit and Métis cultures and traditions. And we hold ourselves accountable to our stakeholders by honouring our commitments with high quality results, ongoing evaluation and transparent reporting.
Programs and Services
We serve First Nations, Inuit, and Métis students in remote communities, rural areas and urban centres across Canada. With the support of our funding partners, we disburse financial awards, deliver programs, and share resources with the goal of increasing graduation rates for Indigenous students.
Our Educator Resources serve educators, communities, rural areas, and other stakeholders who are committed to improving kindergarten to grade 12 Indigenous student success.
Our current strategic priorities are:
- Continuously improving our programs and initiatives to produce outstanding Indigenous education and positive socioeconomic outcomes (program)
- Increasing our investment in people, technology and other resources to achieve our vision and mission and to enhance its impact (capacity)
- Continuing as a catalyst for Indigenous people achieving their potential by forging meaningful partnerships (collaboration)
- Enhancing recognition of our innovative leadership in Indigenous education and achievement (awareness)
- Continuing to build financial sustainability as the organization of choice for funders of Indigenous education and achievement towards reconciliation (resources)