Roberta Jamieson appointed to the board of directors for Hydro One Inc.
August 7, 2015
Ontario has appointed Indspire’s President and CEO Roberta Jamieson to a new board of directors for Hydro One Inc., drawing upon a diverse and accomplished group of proven leaders. The new Board will oversee the company as it prepares to become publicly traded, with a renewed focus on customer service excellence and improved performance and reliability.
David Denison, Chair of Hydro One Inc. (Hydro One), worked closely with the government in selecting new Board members. Board members were selected to meet strong qualifications that include independence, commercial experience, and strong expertise. The group includes some of the country’s best known business leaders, electricity sector experts, corporate directors and a former provincial Ombudsman.
The new Board of Directors for Hydro One are:
David Denison (returning Director and Chair), former President and CEO of the Canada Pension Plan Investment Board
- Ian Bourne, Chair of Ballard Power Systems Inc.
- Charles Brindamour, CEO of Intact Financial Corporation
- Marc Caira, Vice Chairman of the Board of Directors of Restaurant Brands International Inc.
- Christie Clark, former CEO and Senior Partner of PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP
- George Cooke, (returning Director), Chair of the Board of Directors of the OMERS Administration Corporation
- Marianne Harris, former Managing Director at Bank of America Merrill Lynch Canada
- James Hinds, former Chair of the Independent Electricity System Operator (IESO) Board
- Kathryn Jackson, Senior Vice President and Chief Technology Officer of RTI International Metals, Inc.
- Roberta Jamieson, President and CEO of Indspire, former Board Member of Ontario Power Generation, and former Ombudsman of Ontario
- Frances Lankin, a member of the Board of Directors with the Ontario Lottery and Gaming Corporation; former President and CEO of United Way Toronto; and former member of the Premier ‘s Advisory Council on Government Assets
- Carmine Marcello, (returning Director), President and CEO of Hydro One Inc.
- Philip Orsino, former President and CEO of JELD-WEN Inc.
- Jane Peverett, former President and CEO of British Columbia Transmission Corporation
- Gale Rubenstein, (returning Director), Partner at the law firm Goodmans LLP
Read the full announcement