Math Specialist – Cadotte Lake First Nation, Alberta
March 7, 2017
Indspire is an Indigenous-led registered charity that invests in the education of Indigenous people for the long term benefit of these individuals, their families and communities, and Canada. With the support of its funding partners, Indspire disburses financial awards, delivers programs, and shares resources with the goal of closing the gap in Indigenous education. Through Indspire’s K-12 Institute, the charity provides resources to educators, communities, and other stakeholders who are committed to improving success rates from kindergarten to grade 12 for Indigenous youth.
Realizing Projects: Supporting Community Solutions:
Through Realizing Projects, Indspire provides support to fund and facilitate community-based pilot projects that enhance K-12 educational outcomes for Indigenous students through innovative strategies. Indspire oversees the community consultation, and the operations of the community project over a three to five-year period.
Indspire, in collaboration with Cadotte Lake First Nation, invites applications for a teacher who has strong numeracy teaching skills in northern Alberta who will travel to Cadotte Lake First Nation one week a month to provide PD support and guidance to teachers. Cadotte Lake School is an on-reserve school that serves students from kindergarten to grade 12 with approximately 200 students. The successful candidates will have a proven record of engaging and inspiring students to reach their full potential by being able to differentiate for all learners. The successful individual must also be able to provide leadership while working collaboratively with other professional teachers by being able to exhibit both instructional and disciplinary excellence. Responsibilities include academic model teaching and assessment numeracy in collaboration with colleagues. Must be student and community orientated and possess strong interpersonal and communication skills.
Remuneration: Will be competitive with public school board that will include travel allowance.
Education and Experience:
- Valid Alberta Teaching Certificate.
- Bachelor of Education Degree or equivalent recognized by Alberta Education.
- Experience teaching math for a minimum of 5 years.
- Knowledge of principles and methods for curriculum and lesson design, teaching and instruction for individuals and groups, and the measurement of student learning.
Demonstrated skills and competencies:
- Speciality knowledge in numeracy.
- Confidence, skill, knowledge and understanding of differentiated instruction, student engagement and assessment practices.
- Strong interpersonal skills combined with the ability to create positive relationships and build rapport. An ethic to service of students, colleagues and community.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Strong work ethic.
- Trustworthiness and integrity.
- Experience with or knowledge of second language pedagogy.
- Awareness and knowledge of the Alberta curriculum.
- Knowledge in literacy would be a desirable asset.
Successful candidates will be required to provide a Criminal Record check.
How to Apply
This is a part-time, contract position from March 2017 to May 2018. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. To learn more about Indspire, visit indspire.ca.
To apply, please forward your résumé, and cover letter to email@example.com or to inquire on a confidential basis, please call Zandra Bear-Lowen at 226-934-4489. All qualified candidates will be contacted directly.
No agency calls please.
Deadline for Applications: March 17th, 2017