Guiding the Journey – Indigenous Educator Awards
Call for Nominations
Indigenous educators guide a students’ journey through leadership, innovative practice, and dedication to community. Guiding the Journey recognizes Indigenous educators who have made valuable contributions to community-based education and honour the principles of Indigenous knowledge. Award recipients receive a framed award, a $1,000 prize and an expense paid trip to the awards ceremony being held in Toronto, Ontario on November 21, 2019.
- Community Service – First Nation, Inuit or Métis educator who demonstrates a life long/ ongoing commitment to K-12 students.
- Innovative Practice – First Nation, Inuit or Métis educator who consistently demonstrates teaching practices and strategies that exemplify excellence.
- Leadership – First Nation, Inuit or Métis educator who consistently takes on a leadership role in the educational community that fosters achievement amongst K-12 students.
- Language, Culture and Traditions – First Nation, Inuit or Métis educator who integrates language, culture and Indigenous knowledge into learning that creates a learning environment open to multiple ways of knowing the world.
- Role Model – First Nation, Inuit or Métis person who teaches by example, positive and healthy lifestyle choices that have had a significant influence on K-12 students.
- Partner in Indigenous Education – Non-Indigenous educator who has made a significant contribution to furthering K-12 Indigenous student success.
- Organization Award – School, School Board or Indigenous education organization that has developed models, strategies, and programs that have made an impact in the field of Indigenous Education.
How to Nominate
To nominate an educator or organization for a Guiding the Journey award, you must first determine the eligibility of the nominee and complete and submit the Online Nomination Form. To access the Online Nomination Form and review the Eligibility Criteria, please visit our How to Nominate page for more information.
Deadline to Nominate
Deadline to Nominate is March 31, 2019.
If you have any questions regarding Guiding the Journey: Indigenous Educator Awards, please contact us at email@example.com or 1.855.INDSPIRE (463.7747) x252 or visit our FAQ page.