Senior Development Officer, Online Giving
Full Time, Permanent
Location: Toronto or Six Nations
Annual Salary Range: $60,067 – $75,084
Indspire has grown and developed into one of the Top 10 Charities of Impact in Canada, that invests in the education of First Nations, Inuit and Métis people for the long-term benefit of these individuals, their families and communities, and Canada.
Indspire is seeking a Senior Development Officer, Online Giving that manages and oversees the growth of online fundraising campaigns by executing effective strategies and techniques via email, website, and other digital channels. The role will report to the Director, Philanthropy and provide coordinated leadership of digital fundraising activities, developing and implementing strategies to support fundraising across the organization.
- Oversee digital fundraising and engagement initiatives to acquire, renew and retain donors.
- Create and deploy all emails, landing/donation pages for online campaigns including National Indigenous Peoples Day, Giving Tuesday, National Day for Truth and Reconciliation, Year-end, Mother’s Day, etc. factoring in strategic segmentation and an A/B testing strategy.
- Build and execute a strategy to optimize online giving pages including testing.
- Work with stewardship officer to draft quarterly stewardship emails.
- Collaborate with Marketing and Communications to execute digital campaigns including lead generation and direct to gift conversion campaigns.
- Build and execute a strategy for Facebook fundraising.
- Work with the Director, Philanthropy to plan and monitor annual budget and ensure that goals are met.
- Use analytics tools to build strategic recommendations for future campaigns and activities to raise more and acquire new donors.
- Develop and execute a plan for an e-store and text to give campaigns.
- Track and analyze all online campaigns to provide recommendations for improvement.
- Build and set up an online welcome series for one-time gift, monthly, mid-level and major donors. Track and analyze to make recommendations for improvements.
- Research and build a plan for Indspire to attract crypto-currency donations.
- Develop new and innovative online stewardship activities for all donors that support annual stewardship initiatives.
- Stay abreast of best-practices for online fundraising among non-profits and customer retention and engagement in the commercial sector.
- Responsible for overseeing and managing all Peer-to-Peer initiatives online – working closely with individuals and organizations who would like to raise funds for Indspire.
- Coordinate with Development team on fundraising campaigns, ensuring the creation and delivery of strategic support messaging is consistent across all platforms.
- Work within an existing brand voice, both in visual representation and editorial style, in order to support the consistency of messaging across campaigns and the organization.
Other duties may be assigned.
- Completion of a Post-secondary degree or equivalent.
- Progressive experience with a minimum of three years’ experience in the not-for-profit sector and/or in direct response and digital fundraising.
- Working towards or having attained CFRE an asset.
- Ability to develop and implement digital fundraising strategies.
- Knowledge of current fundraising trends, social media, mobile, and pertinent digital acquisition trends.
- Experience with building and maintaining donation forms, surveys and other user engagement features, and running reports/interpreting audience analytics.
- Ability to work collaboratively with internal departments to achieve strategic goals within in the organization.
- Ability to effectively coordinate multiple projects, deadlines and priorities while being responsive to last minute needs.
- A team player that is detail-oriented, organized, innovative and creative.
- Ability to work with sensitive information with complete confidentiality.
- Experience with Raiser’s Edge preferred or other fundraising database.
- Experience with Photoshop, web design and HTML considered an asset.
- Knowledge of the Indigenous community is preferred and openness to engaging in cultural competency training.
- Ability to work in French is an asset.
- Must be able to work occasional evening and weekends.
- Occasional travel between Six Nations and Toronto offices is required.
- Hybrid workplace that provides flexibility from home and in the office (3 days in office & 2 days home).
- Competitive Benefits Program & Pension.
- Opportunities and support for professional learning and growth.
- Being a part of shaping the future of education for Indigenous people in Canada.
How to Apply
To apply, forward your résumé and cover letter to email@example.com. We appreciate your interest, but only qualified applicants that meet the requirements will be contacted.
This position is open until filled.
Indspire is committed to ensuring an equal opportunity recruitment process. Accommodations are available to all applicants upon request. We are committed to providing any accommodations required to ensure a barrier-free process. Please contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org, we will work with all applicants to accommodate any accessibility needs.