Indspire is an Indigenous national registered charity that invests in the education of Indigenous people for the long-term benefit of these individuals, their families and communities, and Canada. With the support of its funding partners, Indspire disburses financial awards, delivers programs, and shares resources with the goal of improving educational outcomes for First Nations, Inuit and Métis students. Through Indspire’s education offerings, we provide resources to students, educators, communities, and other stakeholders who are committed to improving success for Indigenous youth. In 2018-19, Indspire awarded $16.2 million through 5,553 bursaries and scholarships to First Nations, Inuit and Métis youth, making it the largest funder of Indigenous post-secondary education outside the federal government. Each year, the organization presents the Indspire Awards, a celebration of the successes achieved by First Nations, Inuit and Métis people that is broadcast nationally.
Never has there been a better time to join this national leader!
We are currently recruiting for a Marketing Coordinator to join our Communications & Marketing team. Reporting to the Vice President, Communications & Marketing, the Marketing Coordinator is responsible for coordinating marketing campaigns and outreach from inception to completion. The Marketing Coordinator will also be responsible for creating and implementing a variety of marketing collateral.
The position responsibilities of the Marketing Coordinator include:
- Manages creative design and implementation of marketing campaigns and strategies;
- Works closely with partners and vendor/agencies to ensure creative assets are booked, built to spec, comply with legal and brand standards and are on schedule;
- Builds and maintains professional relationships with key partner and vendor/agency stakeholders;
- Assists in the development and execution of e-newsletters and communication projects;
- Manages and executes outreach efforts to Indigenous organizations to help drive awareness and participation in Indspire programs and events;
- Maintains and adheres to the organization’s brand standards, and suggests creative ways to increase brand awareness;
- Coordinates ordering and manages inventory of promotional materials;
- Provides website and social media content management support;
- Arranges and organizes distribution of lndspire’s marketing and promotional materials and information based on requests;
- Ensures distribution lists are current and up-to-date;
- Represents lndspire on occasion at events;
- Conducts research, as required;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Completed post-secondary education in the field of communications, marketing, business or a related discipline, or equivalent experience;
- Progressive experience with a minimum of 1-2 years of experience working as a Marketing Coordinator or similar position;
- Knowledge of the issues affecting Indigenous peoples and experience in Indigenous communities preferred;
- Demonstrated openness to learning and willingness to engage in cultural competency training;
- Experience and comfort with web analytics, SEO/SEM and Google Adwords;
- Strong skills in Microsoft Office suite;
- Good judgment and analytical skills;
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail;
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple deadlines and projects at once;
- Excellent writing and strong communication skills;
- Ability to travel across Canada on occasion, as required;
- Travel between Six Nations and Toronto offices is required;
- Knowledge of French considered a strong asset.
How to Apply
This is a full-time position based as Indspire’s Toronto office. The salary range is competitive with a good benefits package, including pension plan. We are an Indigenous led organization whose mandate is to promote opportunities for Indigenous people. We encourage applications from qualified First Nations, Inuit and Métis people and all others interested in the position. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. To learn more about Indspire, visit indspire.ca.
To apply, please forward your résumé, and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. All qualified candidates will be contacted directly. No agency calls please.
Deadline for Applications: Wednesday, February 12, 2020