Finance Support Clerk – Summer Student
Term: May 1, 2023 to August 31, 2023
Location: Six Nations
Indspire is seeking summer student to support and assist the Finance department with activities including processing, following up and summary reporting for Accounts Receivable; support to Scholarship & Bursary processing; clerical support and administrative tasks as directed. Maintain confidentiality related to all activities and information of strategic or sensitive matters.
Indspire is an Indigenous Charity that has grown and developed into one of the Top 10 Charities of Impact in Canada that invests in the education of First Nations, Inuit and Métis people for the long-term benefit of these individuals, their families and communities, and Canada.
- Enters and balances cash receipt data in Business Central and prepares summary of cash receipts.
- Performs calculations to determine correct payment amounts; makes modifications where necessary.
- Enters and balances invoicing data in Business Central.
- Assist with data entry of vendor and contractor invoices.
- Assist with Indspire Visa reconciliations as needed.
- Assist with verifying bursary recipient files in Business Central
General Accounting and Administrative Tasks:
- Provides clerical support and data entry to CFO and others within Finance where needed
- Responds to inquiries from departmental staff.
- Performs additional administrative duties as assigned within Finance
- Assist the Finance team with Audit prep.
- And other related duties
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office with significant experience using Excel
- Familiarity and use of Microsoft Dynamics and Business Central
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team and multi-task
- Strong Attention to detail
- Good customer service and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to work under deadline pressure
- Gain valuable experience to boost your skills in accounting, teamwork, interpersonal, communications, and others.
- Hybrid workplace that provides flexibility from home and in the office (3 days in office and 2 home)
- Be part of an organization that is shaping the future of indigenous education
- Learn and be mentored from staff who are passionate about indigenous education and want to help you develop your skills
How to Apply
Applicants must meet the below eligibility:
- First Nations and Inuit secondary and post-secondary students aged 15 to 30 inclusive
- ordinarily resident on reserve or in recognized communities or on community lands
- legally entitled to work in Canada
- registered as full-time students during the preceding academic year and who intend to return to school on a full-time basis in the next academic year
To apply, forward your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. We appreciate your interest, but only qualified applicants that meet the requirements will be contacted.
This position is open until filled.
Indspire is committed to ensuring an equal opportunity recruitment process. Accommodations are available to all applicants upon request. We are committed to providing any accommodations required to ensure a barrier-free process. Please contact us via email at email@example.com, we will work with all applicants to accommodate any accessibility needs.