Indspire is an Indigenous national registered charity that invests in the education of Indigenous people for the long-term benefit of these individuals, their families and communities, and Canada. With the support of its funding partners, Indspire disburses financial awards, delivers programs, and shares resources with the goal of improving educational outcomes for First Nations, Inuit, and Métis students. Through Indspire’s education offerings, we provide resources to students, educators, communities, and other stakeholders who are committed to improving success for Indigenous youth. In 2019-20, Indspire awarded over $17.8 million through more than 5,124 bursaries and scholarships to First Nations, Inuit, and Métis youth, making it the largest funder of Indigenous post-secondary education outside the federal government. Each year, the organization presents the Indspire Awards, a celebration of the successes achieved by First Nations, Inuit, and Métis people that is broadcast nationally.
Sponsor Stewardship & Administration
- Tracks feedback and information as required in the database (Raiser’s Edge) and manages timely production of donor profile reports;
- Helps to prepare power point presentations, stewardship reports, and other background materials required for promotional and cultivation activities;
- Maintains complete confidentiality with donor, sponsor information, programs, solicitations, meetings, etc.
- Creates and maintains a filing system for reports and communications as needed;
- Provides superior clerical and administrative support to the Development team, including scheduling, faxing, photocopying, filing, taking minutes and maintaining policies and procedures manuals;
- Helps make thank you calls on an ongoing, as needed basis
Donor Engagement & Administration (65%)
- Responsible for collecting and tracking student and alumni success stories;
- Helps to source student stories for different fundraising and stewardship initiatives;
- Coordinates correspondences and check-ins with students, alumni, teachers, donors and volunteers;
- Prepares correspondence and other communications pieces to share success stories with donors;
- Helps to prepare power point presentations and other background materials required for promotional and cultivation activities;
- Maintains complete confidentiality with alumni, student and participant information, programs, solicitations, meetings, etc.
- Maintains a hard copy filing system for student and alumni participant communications;
- Works closely with Development colleagues to ensure the ongoing integrity, accuracy and security of information in Indspire’s development database, Raiser’s Edge.
- Responsible for updating return to sender mail, donor solicitation preferences and responding to donors about changes to their records.
- Help reconcile telemarketing pledges in the Raiser’s Edge database.
- Responsible for booking meeting times, meeting location and coordinating necessary meeting requirements such as audio visual, catering, taking minutes, for alumni and volunteer events and activities.;
- Other administrative duties as assigned to ensure the smooth and successful operation of Indspire’s alumni, volunteer, and donor engagement programs.
Please note that the job responsibilities may change.
- Must be registered, or be eligible to register with Miziwe Biik Aboriginal Employment and Training in order to be considered for this opportunity;
- Completion of a college diploma or degree preferred plus a minimum of 1 year experience in a non-profit fundraising department or in a similar environment;
- Basic knowledge of fundraising principles and experience working with contact management databases is a requirement;
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal skills required;
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite including MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint and exceptional process management and organization skills;
- Ability to work with sensitive information with complete confidentiality;
- Impeccable service ethic characterized by high energy, and a positive attitude;
- Proactive, and innovative problem solver;
- Knowledge of or experience working with Indigenous cultures/traditions is an asset;
- Work experience with a charity is an asset.
How to Apply
To apply, please forward your résumé and cover letter to email@example.com. All qualified candidates will be contacted directly. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No agency calls please.
Deadline for Applications: June 17, 2021.