Development Assistant – Corporate (Summer Position)
Term: May 1, 2023 to August 31, 2023
Location: Toronto, Hybrid
Indspire is seeking a student or recent graduate who is interested in field of fundraising and the charitable sector. This role is to provide an opportunity to support the partnerships team and be part of shaping the future of education for Indigenous people in Canada.
Indspire is an Indigenous Charity that has grown and developed into one of the Top 10 Charities of Impact in Canada that invests in the education of First Nations, Inuit and Métis people for the long-term benefit of these individuals, their families and communities, and Canada.
- Assist the Development team with prospect research of potential corporate and foundation sponsors; creating sponsor reports; updating sponsor records; and general administrative support for Indspire’s fundraising program.
- Assist with sponsor relations activities such as correspondence, and special corporate events.
- Assist in the development of accurate corporate and foundation sponsor files.
- Assist in answering sponsor inquiries, faxing, photocopying, and filing, handling incoming and outgoing mail.
- Online prospect research to help identify possible sponsors of Indspire’s programs.
- And other related duties
Requirements & Qualifications
- Must currently be enrolled full-time and returning to school in September 2023
- Must be between the ages 18-30
- Familiar with Microsoft Office and basic database maintenance is an asset
- Knowledge of the Indigenous Community is an asset
- Opportunities and support for professional learning and growth.
- Receive training in fundraising databases, tools, and processes
- Hybrid workplace that provides flexibility from home and in the office (3 days in office and 2 home)
How to Apply
To apply, forward your résumé and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. We appreciate your interest, but only qualified applicants that meet the requirements will be contacted.
This position is open until filled.
Indspire is committed to ensuring an equal opportunity recruitment process. Accommodations are available to all applicants upon request. We are committed to providing any accommodations required to ensure a barrier-free process. Please contact us via email at email@example.com, we will work with all applicants to accommodate any accessibility needs.