Indspire is an Indigenous national registered charity that invests in the education of Indigenous people for the long-term benefit of these individuals, their families and communities, and Canada. With the support of its funding partners, Indspire disburses financial awards, delivers programs, and shares resources with the goal of improving educational outcomes for First Nations, Inuit and Métis students. Through Indspire’s education offerings, we provide resources to students, educators, communities, and other stakeholders who are committed to improving success for Indigenous youth. In 2018-19, Indspire awarded $16.2 million through 5,553 bursaries and scholarships to First Nations, Inuit and Métis youth, making it the largest funder of Indigenous post-secondary education outside the federal government. Each year, the organization presents the Indspire Awards, a celebration of the successes achieved by First Nations, Inuit and Métis people that is broadcast nationally.
Sponsor Stewardship & Administration (35%)
- Tracks feedback and information as required in the database (Raiser’s Edge) and manages timely production of sponsor profile reports;
- Helps to prepare power point presentations, stewardship reports, and other background materials required for promotional and cultivation activities;
- Maintains complete confidentiality with donor, sponsor information, programs, solicitations, meetings, etc.
- Creates and maintains a filing system for sponsor reports and communications;
- Provides superior clerical and administrative support to the Development team, including scheduling, faxing, photocopying, filing, and maintaining policies and procedures manuals;
- Coordinates distribution of sponsor communications, materials and other stewardship activities.
Donor Engagement & Administration (65%)
- Responsible for developing a system to collection and track student and alumni success stories;
- Coordinates correspondences and check-ins with student, alumni, teachers and volunteers;
- Prepares correspondence and other communications pieces to share success stories with donors;
- Helps to prepare power point presentations and other background materials required for promotional and cultivation activities;
- Maintains complete confidentiality with alumni, student and participant information, programs, solicitations, meetings, etc.
- Creates and maintains a filing system for student and alumni participant communications;
- Coordinates invitations, rsvp’s and other stewardship activities for alumni and volunteers;
- Works closely with Development colleagues to ensure the ongoing integrity, accuracy and security of student and alumni information in Indspire’s development/organizational database. Ensures that the relationships and contact information are properly updated and recorded;
- Responsible for booking meeting times, meeting location and coordinating necessary meeting requirements, such as audio visual, for alumni events and activities;
- Other administrative duties as assigned to ensure the smooth and successful operation of Indspire’s alumni and volunteer engagement programs.
Please note that the job responsibilities may change.
- Must be registered or be eligible to register with Miziwe Biik Aboriginal Employment and Training in order to be considered for this opportunity.
- Completion of a college diploma or degree preferred plus a minimum of 1 year experience in a non-profit fundraising department or in a similar environment;
- Basic knowledge of fundraising principles and experience working with contact management databases is a requirement;
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal skills required;
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite including MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint and exceptional process management and organization skills;
- Ability to work with sensitive information with complete confidentiality;
- Impeccable service ethic characterized by high energy, and a positive attitude;
- Proactive, and innovative problem solver;
- Knowledge of or experience working with Indigenous cultures/traditions is an asset;
- Work experience with a charity is an asset.
How to Apply
To apply, please forward your résumé, and cover letter to email@example.com. We appreciate all interest, but only qualified applicants that meet the requirements will be contacted.
Deadline for Applications: Friday, June 5, 2020.