Communications & Marketing Internship
Term: May 1, 2023 to August 31, 2023
Location: Toronto, Six Nations
Indspire is seeking two students or recent graduates who are interested in the world of communications and marketing. The roles are to provide an opportunity to explore the different areas of communications and marketing while simultaneously assisting the team. Each day is not like the last and the right people to fill these roles will get the chance to be part of shaping the future of education for Indigenous people in Canada.
Indspire is an Indigenous Charity that has grown and developed into one of the Top 10 Charities of Impact in Canada that invests in the education of First Nations, Inuit and Métis people for the long-term benefit of these individuals, their families and communities, and Canada.
- Assist in the creation and monitoring of social media efforts.
- Research, analyze, and present findings as per requested by the director.
- Support in the research and administrative tasks of new and current nominations for the Indspire Awards.
- Perform basic graphic designing work.
- Engage in brainstorming ideas for new marketing and social media campaigns
- Assist with any other daily marketing tasks
Requirements & Qualifications
- Must be enrolled in an accredited university/college program in a related field to Communications and/or Marketing
- Interest in the economic development of Indigenous People in Canada and working in the charity sector.
- Ready to tackle new projects and ideas.
- Strong and effective spoken and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, flexible, work within short timelines.
- Ability to work under pressure, manage and prioritize competing demands.
- Ability to work independently a work well with a team.
- Knowledge of MS Office
- Gain valuable experience to boost your skills in teamwork, marketing, interpersonal, communications, and others.
- Receive training in graphic design programs.
- Compensation available.
- Opportunity to explore areas of interests in the scope of marketing and communications.
- Potential for fulltime employment upon the completion of the internship.
How to Apply
To apply, forward your résumé and cover letter to email@example.com. We appreciate your interest, but only qualified applicants that meet the requirements will be contacted.
This position is open until filled.
Indspire is committed to ensuring an equal opportunity recruitment process. Accommodations are available to all applicants upon request. We are committed to providing any accommodations required to ensure a barrier-free process. Please contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org, we will work with all applicants to accommodate any accessibility needs.