Bursary & Scholarship Support Officer (Summer Student)
Term: May 1, 2023 to August 31, 2023
Location: Six Nations
Indspire is seeking two students or recent graduates to support the Building Brighter Futures team in coordinating all activities related to post-secondary education bursary and scholarships applicants. They would provide support to applicants before, during and after application process. The right candidates will get the opportunity to be part of a dedicated team and be part of shaping the future of education for Indigenous people in Canada.
Indspire is an Indigenous Charity that has grown and developed into one of the Top 10 Charities of Impact in Canada that invests in the education of First Nations, Inuit and Métis people for the long-term benefit of these individuals, their families and communities, and Canada.
- Process student applications; assess eligibility, sort and categorize into program, manually review budget, assess for completeness according to criteria.
- Respond on a daily basis to telephone and email inquiries from applicants and the general public.
- Ensure each application is complete according to application criteria.
- Contact applicants by email and telephone for outstanding documentation.
- Provide assistance and information to other Departments as necessary.
- Provide other duties assigned by the Manager of Building Brighter Futures.
Requirements & Qualifications
- Ability to work in a high volume processing environment.
- Strong and effective spoken and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, flexible, work within short timelines.
- Ability to work under pressure, manage and prioritize competing demands.
- Ability to work independently and work well with a team.
- Ability to deal with difficult situations and at time work with difficult people.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of MS Office, database systems, strong skills with Excel spreadsheets and others.
- Knowledge of the issues affecting Indigenous peoples an asset.
- Gain valuable experience to boost your skills in technology, teamwork, interpersonal, communications, and others.
- Hybrid workplace that provides flexibility from home and in the office (3 days in office and 2 home)
- Be part of an organization that is shaping the future of indigenous education
- Work alongside summer students just like you
- Learn and be mentored from staff who are passionate about indigenous education and want to help you develop your skills
How to Apply
To apply, forward your résumé and cover letter to email@example.com. We appreciate your interest, but only qualified applicants that meet the requirements will be contacted.
This position is open until filled.
Indspire is committed to ensuring an equal opportunity recruitment process. Accommodations are available to all applicants upon request. We are committed to providing any accommodations required to ensure a barrier-free process. Please contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org, we will work with all applicants to accommodate any accessibility needs.