Indspire is an Indigenous national registered charity that invests in the education of Indigenous people for the long-term benefit of these individuals, their families and communities, and Canada. With the support of its funding partners, Indspire disburses financial awards, delivers programs, and shares resources with the goal of improving educational outcomes for First Nations, Inuit, and Métis students. Through Indspire’s education offerings, we provide resources to students, educators, communities, and other stakeholders who are committed to improving success for Indigenous youth. In 2019-20, Indspire awarded $17.8 million through more than 5,100 bursaries and scholarships to First Nations, Inuit, and Métis youth, making it the largest funder of Indigenous post-secondary education outside the federal government. Each year, the organization presents the Indspire Awards, a celebration of the successes achieved by First Nations, Inuit, and Métis people that is broadcast nationally.
Never has there been a better time to join this national leader!
We are currently hiring for an Accounting Support Clerk. Reporting to the Manager, Finance this role supports and assists others within the Finance department with activities including: processing, following up and summary reporting for Accounts Receivable; support to Payroll and Scholarship & Bursary processing; clerical support to the CFO and various general clerical and administrative tasks as directed.
The position responsibilities of the Accounting Support Clerk include:
Data Entry and Processing
- Receives, reviews, verifies cash, cheques etc. received by the organization.
- Matches original documents with relevant invoices and documentation such as contracts.
- Enters and balances cash receipt data in Accpac and prepares summary of cash receipts.
- Performs calculations to determine correct payment amounts; makes modifications where necessary.
- Assist with data entry of vendor and contractor invoices.
- Assist with Indspire Visa reconciliations.
General Accounting and Administrative Tasks:
- Assist with verifying bursary recipient files in Accpac for bursary disbursements
- Provides clerical support and data entry to CFO and others within Finance where needed
- Responds to inquiries from departmental staff.
- Performs additional administrative duties as assigned within Finance department
- Assist the Finance team with Audit prep.
- May require travel
- Completion of High School education plus a 1-year certificate or diploma in accounting, plus 6 months to one year of experience in a similar environment.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office with significant experience using Excel
- Familiarity and use of Sage AccPac
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team and multi-task
- Strong attention to detail
- Good customer service and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to work under deadline pressure
- Knowledge of the Indigenous community an asset
- Must be a First Nations person between the ages of 15 – 30 who ordinarily resides on reserve
The duties within this job description can be amended from time to time.
How to Apply
This is a contract position based at Indspire’s Six Nations office. This contract will run until March 31, 2021.
To apply, please forward your résumé and cover letter to email@example.com. All qualified candidates will be contacted directly. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No agency calls please.
To learn more about Indspire, visit indspire.ca.
Deadline for Applications: Wednesday, September 16, 2020.