Douglas Cardinal is credited with creating an indigenous Canadian style of architecture with his curvilinear, organic buildings. His most significant Canadian architectural commission is the Canadian Museum of Civilization in Hull, Quebec. Mr. Cardinal was born in Calgary in 1934, and is the son of a game warden. He studied architecture at the University of British Columbia and the University of Texas where he graduated with honours in 1963. He practiced in Edmonton for 18 years, where he established an early reputation with his designs for St. Mary’s Church in Red Deer, the Grande Prairie Regional College, the Edmonton Space and Science Centre, the Government Services Centre in Ponoka and several other pubic buildings. In 1985, he moved his practice to Ottawa. In addition to his commissions, he lectures and writes extensively on educational philosophy, computers, city planning, old age housing, public health and other subject. His work has been exhibited in France, Belgium and Poland, in the Museum of Modern Art in New York, and throughout Canada. Mr. Cardinal is currently working on the National Museum of the American Indian on the Mall in Washington, DC.