Guiding the Journey: Indigenous Educator Awards
Indigenous educators guide a students’ journey through leadership, innovative practice, and dedication to community. Guiding the Journey recognizes Indigenous educators who have made valuable contributions to community-based education and honour the principles of Indigenous knowledge. Award recipients receive a framed award, a $1,000 prize and an expense paid trip to the awards ceremony being held in Toronto, Ontario on November 21, 2019.
- Community Service – First Nation, Inuit or Métis educator who demonstrates a life long/ ongoing commitment to K-12 students.
- Innovative Practice – First Nation, Inuit or Métis educator who consistently demonstrates teaching practices and strategies that exemplify excellence.
- Leadership – First Nation, Inuit or Métis educator who consistently takes on a leadership role in the educational community that fosters achievement amongst K-12 students.
- Language, Culture and Traditions – First Nation, Inuit or Métis educator who integrates language, culture and Indigenous knowledge into learning that creates a learning environment open to multiple ways of knowing the world.
- Role Model – First Nation, Inuit or Métis person who teaches by example, positive and healthy lifestyle choices that have had a significant influence on K-12 students.
- Partner in Indigenous Education – Non-Indigenous educator who has made a significant contribution to furthering K-12 Indigenous student success.
- Organization Award – School, School Board or Indigenous education organization that has developed models, strategies, and programs that have made an impact in the field of Indigenous Education.
Nominations for Guiding the Journey: Indigenous Educator Awards are now closed. Stay tuned for the list of our 2019 recipients! Thank you to everyone who submitted a nomination.
If you have any questions regarding Guiding the Journey: Indigenous Educator Awards, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1.855.INDSPIRE (463.7747) x252 or visit our FAQ page.